$9.99 from Rick Maddy
** Give “Palettes Lite” a free try **
Palettes is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes. Key features include:
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser.
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import.
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer.
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer.
• Browse, search, and import palettes from COLOURlovers.com
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers.
• Pick colors from:
◆ RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
◆ Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
◆ COLOURlovers.com – browse, search, and select colors.
◆ A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file).
◆ An image or camera.
◆ Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
◆ Color blending using 1 of 4 color models.
◆ Color schemes (monochromatic, analogous, triadic, complementary, split complementary).
• Review color information:
◆ Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
◆ As both a foreground and background color.
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set in the built-in Settings application.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed – just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of “Palettes”. The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
Send a note if you think Pantone support would be useful in this application.
NOTE: If you are having stability issues please try the following suggestions. If these don’t work please use the support link shown below to get help. 1) First try rebooting your device. This can help if you haven’t done so in a while. Or 2) Backup your important palettes then delete ‘Palettes’ from your device and then reinstall it. You won’t be charged a 2nd time. Import your backed up palettes.
NOTE: Known limitation – this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
Top 20 iPhone Apps for Bloggers, Designers & Freelancers
This week I’d like to share with you 20 iPhone apps you might find interesting if you are a designer, blogger & freelancer. Some apps seems odd at first, but works surprisingly well once you get going. So below you will find some useful …