$0.99 from Peter Breitling
Limited Time Reduced Price!
This professional tool called Clinometer is the hopefully most precise (we do all we get out) slope measurement tool for the iPhone/IPod Touch. It can be used for simple applications like aligning a frame as well as for more sophisticated fields of applications where an arbitrary slope needs to be measured exactly. Read the reviews (and write your own) for all the applications you find! But please read only the very good ones🙂 which are in the majority – some people always have to complain to our experience.🙂 And please use our support link if you have questions and suggestions, we can not read the reviews every day.
With this tool, the slope can be measured by all edges of the device in every direction. When the device is put flat on the table a bubble view will fade in. This current features include:
• Fullscreen Mode: The full screen mode can be toggled by tapping the center of the screen and by the upper and lower arrows in the center. This prevents you from erroneous inputs while measuring and provides a nice demo mode.🙂
• Advanced two way calibration on all sides: For every 4 sides plus the bubble mode you can calibrate in two steps, which allows you to calibrate exactly even on non-level surfaces. Each direction can be calibrated individually to achieve the optimal precision.
• Display of different precisions and units: The device can display the slope in degrees, percentage and rise over run (last to from zero to infinity – for the approximation to 90°) with two precision setups if applicable.
• Dial Rotation: You can smoothly rotate the background dial and thus define which side of the device represents 0° and 90°.
• Different colors: Press the S/C Button to instantly switch the color. The color can be selected differently for the bubble and the clinometer mode. The predefined color sets include day and night color schemes (Black on White, White on Black and Red).
• Motion-sensitive Lock feature: Besides the common instant simple tap hold mechanism you can activate the motion-sensitive lock. If activated the device waits for the final lock until you hold your device steady enough for at least 2 seconds. You can set the tolerance between 0.1 and 1.0 degrees.
• Adjustable Auto-Lock: Prevent the device from turning into the sleep mode.
According to wikipedia: An inclinometer or clinometer is an instrument for measuring angles of slope (or tilt), elevation or inclination of an object with respect to gravity. It is also known as a tilt meter, tilt indicator, slope alert, slope gauge, gradient meter, gradiometer, level gauge, level meter, declinometer, and pitch & roll indicator. Related iHandy carpenter, dual level, army knife.
For recreational use only. After the calibration it CAN (!) be very accurate especially for the main axis after calibration. The measurement is performed as good as possible (we try our best) by using the three inbuilt accelerometers.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT!
We will improve the application long-term. This was the first application of this kind on the iPhone shortly after the opening of the App Store. Since then is is continuously updated and enriched with new features.