$0.99 from Energize Software
Find out the dates, day of the week, and number of days until the next 25 upcoming U.S. holidays and special events with Holiday Countdown. In addition, you can add, edit and delete up to 150 of your own custom events including recurring events with customized colors.
– The holiday name, icon representing the holiday, days until the holiday, day of the week, and date of the holiday are displayed in a sorted list that can be scrolled with the closest future date always listed first.
– Add, edit, and delete up to 150 custom events through the year 2030. Custom events default to being displayed in red, but you can select from 12 alternate colors. By default when the date of a custom event has passed, it will display “expired” on the selection screens and will no longer display on the main screen.
– Optionally select a custom event as a recurring event and it will reschedule itself weekly, every 2 weeks, every 3 weeks, every month or every year. You can delete any custom event or edit the event to one in the future. Great for adding a repeating event such as a birthday, anniversary, meeting, appointment, etc.
– Ability to import Birthdays from your contacts . Choose to import only new entries or also update previously imported birthdays.
– Change the background image from the included picture of Kauai to any image stored on your device. To see more of a background image, select fewer holidays to be displayed. To restore the original background picture of Kauai, hold down the “Change Picture” button for about 3 seconds until you receive an acknowledgement.
– In the program’s options, enable/disable the display of holiday icons, change the display to one of four fonts, and set the level of visual transparency of the event (So you can see more or less of the background image).
– All future holiday dates are automatically calculated so the results will be accurate for years.
– Selectively enable and disable which dates you would like to have displayed.
– Traditional Holidays include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Presidents Day, St Patrick’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Halloween, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Included Jewish holidays: Purim, Pesach, Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashanah, and Hanukkah.
– Special Events include Daylight Saving Time start and end dates and Flag Day.
Note: While the ability to be notified of upcoming events without the program running is a requested feature, Apple does not allow a program to run in the background, so this is currently not possible. If Apple allows this ability in the future, it will be added to the program.
Additional features will be added, so we welcome your suggestions as to future enhancements. Check out our Web site at http://www.EnergizeSoftware.com to see a video of Holiday Countdown in action or to leave your suggestions.