$1.99 from Split Rail, Inc.
Nav Clock is based upon those cool multi-function weather station clocks that you see on people’s desks in their offices. Proudly display your iPhone™ or iPod® touch in its charging cradle or while on the go. Nav Clock is perfect for travelers, weather enthusiasts, pilots, hikers, and everyone else.
★ Nav Clock is one of only two iPhone Apps we are aware of that internally trends the barometric pressure and displays a pressure steady, rising, or falling indicator!
Awards: 2008 iPhoneFootprint.com iPhone Apps Excellence Award
● Nav Clock brings together all of the current information you need in one very clean format.
● Location aware – great for travelers! Nav Clock will work immediately without any setup (for iPod touch see note below).
● Displays the current weather station information for your location including the “Feels Like” temperature (the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity) and a Barometric pressure trending indicator. The current weather conditions include wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities of as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
● Displays the time and location, offset from Greenwich Mean Time, aviation “Zulu” time (GMT), geographic coordinates, elevation above mean sea level (see note), and the accuracy of the location.
● The background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the current sky conditions in your vicinity with gorgeous original photography. Over 90 background sky condition photographs are included with more being added with each update.
● The date is in the language set in the iPhone’s Region Format, all other text is in English.
● Refresh button immediately refreshes all data – great for when you may be moving into and out of Wi-Fi coverage.
● Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, or WGS 84 coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
The elevation feature requires a GPS and therefore is available only on the iPhone 3G. All other features are available on all other iPhone and iPod touch models.
Nav Clock on iPod touch requires the reception of a major public or commercial Wi-Fi hot spot in order to determine your location – if Google Maps cannot determine your location, Nav Clock will not be able to either. Please see our Support page for additional information.