$1.99 from CrimsonJet, Inc.
Download the drum app featured in Apple’s latest iPod Touch TV commercial, billboards, and posters!
Drum Kit will be updated at least once every two weeks with new sounds, themes, and features.
Ever wanted to play the drums? This is the closest you can get without a real kit. This is a fun app for drummers and non-drummers alike. Impress your friends with your chops, or fine tune a beat while away from your kit.
Play along while listening to songs. Simply start playing a song in the iPod app, then launch Drum Kit and play along! You can adjust the song’s volume or Drum Kit’s volume to find the right mix.
“If you are a drummer or constantly tapping on things, you may really enjoy this app” -Ars Technica
* 6 piece kit (4 toms, snare, bass, hi-hat (open and closed), crash, ride, splash)
* Repeated cymbal taps blend in like real cymbals (only app in store that does this)
* Visual feedback when drum head is tapped
* Two volume controls, one for drum sounds, one for your music playing in the background
* Professionally recorded, high quality 16-bit stereo drum sounds
* Play multiple drum heads simultaneously
* Extra long bass drum touch area for double bass (new: slide back and forth for fast double bass)
* Play along with your existing music, add beats or fills
* Optionally play with a friend, one on each side of the kit
* Record tracks, load and edit tracks
HOW TO RECORD:
* Tap the info button on the bottom right
* Tap the record and play a beat. When you are done tap it again. Give your track a name and save it.
* Tap load to find your tracks.
* Tap play to play a loaded track.
* You can play on top of a track while it’s playing
HOW TO PLAY ROLLS:
* You can now slide your fingers across Drum Kit to play rolls. Turn on rolls in Settings and change the BPM (beats per minute) to fine tune your rolls. Try sliding in a circle around toms and snare for instance.
YouTube video of Drum Kit 1.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5YESsOPQE
Lead Developer: Shane Vitarana (@shanev)