$34.99 from Navimatics Corporation
Discover why Charts&Tides is the best marine navigation solution for your iPhone!
Our software combines marine charts, tides and navigation in an easy to use package right at your fingertips. At a fraction of the price we offer features normally found on portable chartplotters that are worth hundreds of dollars!
– Our charts are vector charts that are derived from official NOAA data. We preprocess the data to make it continuous (no manual chart switching) and to ensure consistency.
– Our tides are computed from tide harmonics data that are also derived from official NOAA data.
– The full database is included in this download, so you will always have it with you. You do not need a 3G or WiFi connection to access our charts or our tides.
– You can move, zoom or rotate the chart using your fingers. Our chart looks great at any scale and rotation because we use vector chart technology.
– You can search for any feature (place, harbor, location, buoy, etc.) using the search bar at the top.
– To get additional information about a feature of your interest just tap on it.
– To measure the distance and find the bearing between any two points use the “ruler” tool.
– You can view the tides and currents for any station in your region, just tap the “tides” button. To view tide/current levels for a particular time, you can drag your finger on the tide/current view.
– Our software will track your vessel’s location, speed and track using the iPhone’s built-in location services. It will also record your vessel’s past track for the last 12 hours. [Please note: the application must be running to properly track a vessel’s location.]
– You can add, edit and delete waypoints. Hold your finger over the chart to add a new waypoint. You can navigate to your waypoints using desired track (DTK), cross-track error (XTE) and a bunch of other instrument displays.
– You can choose between “Day” and “Night” color schemes for your main chart display.
Visit http://navimatics.com for our user guide and additional marine navigation products. You can also search for “navimatics” in the AppStore to see our other regions and products.
COVERAGE: This download includes the data for the coastal regions of Georgia and South Carolina. Visit our website for more detailed coverage.